BioVitrum organized a conference on microbiology in Kazan
From 5 to 7 June 2019 in Kazan, the conference “Actual Aspects of Determining Sensitivity to Antibacterial Drugs” was held at the Republican Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tatarstan. The event brought together more than a hundred specialists, bacteriologists from all over the country.
The conference was held with the support of the Chief Specialist of the Ministry of Health of Russia on Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobial Resistance in the Volga Federal District - Inna Valiullina and The Interregional Association for Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (IACMAC).
Within the framework of the scientific program a number of important topics were discussed:
- Methods for determining sensitivity to antimicrobials;
- The most important mechanisms of antibiotic resistance;
- Monitoring and analysis of information about antibiotic resistance.
Antibiotic resistance is one of the most important problems for microbiologists from around the world. Every year, 700 thousand people in the world die from infections caused by antibiotic-resistant microorganisms. Experts predict that by 2050, the annual mortality rate could reach 10 million.
The scientific program of the conference "Actual aspects of determining sensitivity to antibacterial drugs" was aimed at providing specialists with the most complete information about the problem and finding ways to solve it.
Lecturers of the conference were:
- M.V. Sukhorukova, PhD, Head of the Department of Multicenter Research, Institute of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, Smolensk State University, Smolensk;
- I.A. Eidelstein, Ph.D., Head of the Laboratory of Molecular Diagnostics, Scientific Research Institute of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, Smolensk State Medical University, Smolensk;
- M.V. Eidelstein, Ph.D., Head of the Laboratory of Antibiotic Resistance, Institute of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, Smolensk State Medical University FSBEI HE, Smolensk;
- I.S. Azizov, MD, Professor, Senior Researcher, Institute of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, Smolensk State Medical University, Smolensk;
- L.G. Boronina, Ph.D., Professor of the Department of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics and Bacteriology of the Faculty of Physical Education and Medical School, Ural State Medical University, Ministry of Health of Russia, Head of the Laboratory of Clinical Microbiology, Regional Children’s Clinical Hospital.
Within the framework of the conference, the doctors participated in practical workshops. Lyubov Revina, a «BioVitrum» specialist, spoke about the internal quality control of the antibiotic sensitivity stage. The conference participants also learned about the latest solutions for microbiological laboratories and were able to work independently with modern reagents: the Signal blood culture system, latex agglutination diagnostic kits, ready-culture microbiological media in Petri dishes of «Sredoff» company, and others.
Bacteriologists were able to evaluate the capabilities of the “LabForce” laboratory information system. At the «BioVitrum» booth, a LIS working module with a database of the microbiological laboratory was demonstrated. The doctors could see in practice the benefits of LIS and discuss all issues with the specialist of the Med It-Solution, developer company. LIS aroused great interest among the guests of the event.